The Quatro® line of SoCs is a family of highly integrated, programmable processors for printers, scanners and all-in-ones (AIOs).
Each SoC embeds a high-performance ARM® CPU core for processing page description languages (PDLs) and a Quatro SIMD DSP core for print acceleration and copy/scan image processing.
With the Quatro family, developers can efficiently build cost-effective controllers for a wide range of products using a single firmware base. The Quatro 5500 series integrates dual ARM Cortex-A15 CPU cores and an ARM Cortex-A7 core and targets high performance applications:
- Monochrome laser/LED printers and AIOs up to 100 ppm
- Color laser/LED printers and AIOs up to 50 ppm
- Workgroup and Production level document scanners
Low to Mid-range applications are covered by the Quatro 5300 series.
The Quatro programmable architecture enables developers to differentiate their products. By utilizing the Quatro SoC's programmable cores, developers can implement unique features, image processing algorithms and mechanism control.
Get this product
CSR provides OEMs with a reference design for a laser AIO. The reference design includes both a controller board and firmware. The reference controller board also serves as a development board that OEMs can use to prototype their own system code.
The programming environment for the Quatro family is based on the GNU tools, widely recognized as one of the best embedded development tool sets available. The programming environment includes tools for the Quatro DSP—C compiler, assembler, simulator, debugger, and libraries. CSR's extensive library of optimized image processing algorithms makes developing image processing pipelines easy.
Inferno™ Firmware Platform
Inferno is CSR's modular firmware platform for the Quatro family. With Inferno, a single firmware base covers the full range of Quatro SoCs. Inferno allows developers to choose either Embedded Linux or ThreadX for the underlying operating system.
Inferno is architected to provide the real-time processing capability required by high-performance printers, AIOs and scanners. The Quatro SoC's ARM Cortex-M3 controller cores are used to offload the most time critical tasks in printer and scanner mechanism control.
Inferno is designed to meet the varying needs of customers who want different degrees of customization. Inferno comes with a complete basic feature set for fast time-to-market. Customers who want extensive customizations can modify the supplied firmware components and/or add new firmware components. Most of the code is provided in source form.
Optimized IPS™ PDL Printing
Inferno and CSR's IPS PDL interpreters take full advantage of each other. The IPS suite is integrated with Inferno to ensure fast time-to-market and optimized for Quatro to maximize PDL printing performance.
- A family of SoCs that cover a broad product range with a single firmware base
- Modular firmware platform
- Programmable architecture for implementing unique features and algorithms
- The industry's only controller solution with optimized PDL interpreters
CPU & GPU
- Dual ARM Cortex-A15 CPU core with FPU and NEON (Shared 1 MB L2-Cache)
- Up to 1.2 GHz
- ARM Cortex-A7 CPU core with FPU and NEON (256 KB L2-Cache)
- ARM Mali-400 GPU
- 1-MB scratchpad
- 32-bit DDR3/4 interface
- Flash interface to Multibit serial NOR and parallel NAND
- Dual Quatro 4-datapath SIMD DSP cores
- Hardware image processing pipeline
- Segmentation Analysis
- Shading correction
- 1D lookup
- Fringing correction
- White point tracking/calibration
- Gamma correction
- RGB-YCC color conversion
- FIR filtering
- YCC-CMYK color conversion
- Scaling and Halftoning
- Six JBIG compression/decompression cores
- JPEG encode/decode core
- Support for laser (up to 8) and LED print heads
- Integrated frequency generator, synchronizers, PWMs, LVDS drivers
- ARM Cortex-M3 processor core for printer motor control
- Support for CCD and CIS sensors
- Support for single- and dual-sided scanning
- ARM Cortex-M3 processor core for scanner motor control
- USB 3.0 super-speed dual role port
- 2 USB 2.0 hi-speed host ports
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Silicon Labs fax modem core
- LCD interface
- Serial ports, SPI, SDIO, GPIO
- Hardware Encryption assist (AES and SHA-256)
- Integrated real-time clock
- Integrated DAC
- Integrated ADC
- Currency detection core
- 27mm 721 ball BGA
5300 Series - ARM11 up to 600 MHz
5305 Laser/LED/Inkjet printers
5310 Laser/LED/Inkjet AIOs
5500 Series - Cortex-A15 up to 1.2 GHz
5525 Laser/LED printers (Single Core)
5530 Laser/LED AIOs (Single Core)
5545 Laser/LED printers (Dual Core)
5550 Laser/LED AIOs (Dual Core)
Terms of Supply