- Provides a high quality PostScript 3 compatible printing solution for color and monochrome devices
- Supports print resolutions up to 1800 dpi
- Value-added color and grayscale haftone screening technologies enhance printed output
- Supports Bitstream Font Fusion Printing 3.4, Monotype Imaging UFST 6.3 (MicroType 2 and MicroType 3) fonts and UTF-8 encoding
IPS PS3 is a PostScript 3 compatible interpreter for printers and multifunction devices.
The IPS™ family of interpreters handles all standard page description languages (PDLs) with a universal interpreter architecture. IPS PDL interpreters enable printers and multifunction devices to be compatible with print jobs from a wide variety of sources: Windows, Mac, Linux and mobile operating systems; office, engineering and graphic arts applications; and enterprise content and management systems.
The industry-leading IPS PS3 interpreter provides PostScript 3 compatibility for color and monochrome printers and multifunction devices. IPS PS3 enables OEMs to develop high-quality peripherals that support the PostScript 3 standard. IPS PS3 supports the PostScript language as implemented in color and monochrome products from HP and Ricoh. The software also supports the PostScript operators specified in the PostScript Language Reference Manual, Third Edition and provides additional functionality available in popular print controllers for color copiers and MFPs.
IPS PS3 features patented color and grayscale image screening technologies that enhance the printed PostScript image. Color image quality is enhanced by functions to allow black overprint (avoids registration errors), pure black (optimizes text, graphics and image output quality), named color matching (used with illustration applications), native ICC profile support (simplifies color calibration) and press simulation. Optional support for JBIG2 and JPEG 2000 compression reduces file sizes.
- Industry’s most widely adopted PDL interpreters
- Greatest compatibility with HP printers
- Industry’s only solution that supports all major PDLs
- Smallest ROM and RAM footprint– OneImage™ common display list shared by all PDL interpreters
- Source code availability provides design flexibility and facilitates value-added customization
Design for Customisation
CSR provides complete source code for the IPS PS3 interpreter and a full set of engineering documentation to enable OEMs to customize the interpreters for specific market requirements. With its layered architecture, application programming interface (API) and common display list model, IPS reduces time-to-market and development costs.
CSR Engineering Support Services
CSR offers Source Code Maintenance and Engineering Support Programs that can shorten development cycles and ensure that the latest PostScript language features are available as new controllers are developed. The IPS PS3 source code license includes technical support, software integration training and source code maintenance. The Source Code Maintenance Program provides extended source code maintenance and technical consulting, including informative technical bulletins and software patches and updates.
CSR’s Engineering Support Program provides direct software integration assistance and design recommendations to optimize the interface between the PostScript compatible interpreter and the controller. OEMs can also work with a CSR-authorized development partner. These companies have experience in CSR’s IPS software integration and can offer fixed-cost, turnkey controller development for a range of controller configurations and print engines
- Monochrome Adobe PostScript 3 as implemented in the Ricoh Aficio SP 4100N
- Color Adobe PostScript 3 as implemented in the Ricoh SP C420DN
- Monochrome PostScript 3 as implemented in the HP LaserJet P4014 series
- Color PostScript 3 as implemented in the HP Color LaserJet CP4525 series
- Up to 1800 dpi
Output Color Models
- 1, 2, 4 and 8-bit pixel depths
- Monochrome, RGB and CMYK by plane
- Monochrome, CMY and CMYK by band
- RGB by pixel (8-bit)
- Bitstream Font Fusion 3.4
- Monotype Imaging UFST 6.3
- Monochrome: 48 MB (600 dpi, 1-bit)
- Color: 8 MB (600 dpi, 1-bit)
- Executive, letter, legal, ledger, A3, A4, B4, B5, envelope, others
Layout Printing Support
- QualityLogic ATS, FTS and CET