The Quatro® 5300 series integrates an ARM11 CPU core up to 600 MHz and targets low-end and mid-range printers, multifunction printers (MFPs) and scanners.
The Quatro line of SoCs is a family of highly integrated, programmable processors for printers, scanners and all-in-ones (AIOs). Each SoC embeds a high-performance ARM® CPU core for processing page description languages (PDLs) and a Quatro SIMD DSP core for print acceleration and copy/scan image processing.
The Quatro programmable architecture enables developers to differentiate their products. By utilizing the Quatro SoC’s programmable cores, developers can implement unique features, image processing algorithms and mechanism control.
With the Quatro family, developers can efficiently build cost-effective controllers for a wide range of products using a single firmware base. The Quatro 5300 series integrates an ARM11 CPU core and targets low-mid performance applications:
- Monochrome laser/LED printers and AIOs up to 60 ppm
- Color laser/LED printers and AIOs up to 30 ppm
- Inkjet printers and AIOs
- Document scanners
Higher-end applications are covered by the Quatro 5500 series.
Get this product
- Family of SoCs that cover broad product range with a single firmware base
- Modular firmware platform
- Programmable architecture for implementing unique features and algorithms
- Industry’s only controller solution with optimized PDL interpreters
CSR provides OEMs with a reference design for a laser AIO. The reference design includes both a controller board and firmware. The reference controller board also serves as a development board that OEMs can use to prototype their own system code.
The programming environment for the Quatro family is based on the GNU tools, widely recognized as one of the best embedded development tool sets available. The programming environment includes tools for the Quatro DSP—C compiler, assembler, simulator, debugger, and libraries. CSR’s extensive library of optimized image processing algorithms makes developing image processing pipelines easy.
Inferno™ Firmware Platform
Inferno™ is CSR’s modular firmware platform for the Quatro family. With Inferno, a single firmware base covers the full range of Quatro SoCs. Inferno allows developers to choose either Embedded Linux or ThreadX for the underlying operating system.
Inferno is architected to provide the real-time processing capability required by high-performance printers, AIOs and scanners. The Quatro SoC’s ARM Cortex-M3 controller cores are used to offload the most time critical tasks in printer and scanner mechanism control.
Inferno is designed to meet the varying needs of customers who want different degrees of customization. Inferno comes with a complete basic feature set for fast time-to-market. Customers who want extensive customizations can modify the supplied firmware components and/or add new firmware components. Most of the code is provided in source form.
Optimized IPS™ PDL Printing
Inferno and CSR’s IPS™ PDL interpreters take full advantage of each other. The IPS suite is integrated with Inferno to ensure fast time-to-market and optimized for Quatro to maximize PDL printing performance.
- Integrated analog and mechanism control for low controller BOM cost
- High reuse across wide range of products for low development cost
- Reference implementation for short time to market
- Proven, widely-adopted solution
CPU & GPU
- ARM11 CPU core with MMU and FPU
- Up to 600 MHz
- ARM Mali-400 graphics processing unit
- 512 Kbyte L2 cache / scratchpad
- 16-bit DDR2/3 interface
- Flash interface to serial NOR and parallel NAND
- Dual Quatro® 4-datapath SIMD DSP core
- Hardware image processing pipeline:
- Shading correction
- 1D lookup
- Fringing correction
- White point tracking/calibration
- Gamma correction
- RGB-YCC color conversion
- FIR filtering
- YCC-CMYK color conversion
- Scaling and Halftoning
- Dual JBIG compression/decompression cores
- JPEG hardware assist core
- Support for laser (up to 4) and LED print heads
- Integrated frequency generator, synchronizer, PWM, LVDS drivers
- ARM Cortex-M3 processor core for printer motor control
- Integrated scanner AFE
- Support for CCD and CIS sensors
- Support for single- and dual-sided scanning
- ARM Cortex-M3 processor core for scanner motor control
- USB 2.0 hi-speed device port
- USB 2.0 hi-speed host ports
- Integrated ADC
- Silicon Labs fax modem core
- LCD interface
- Serial ports, SPI, SDIO, GPIO
- IPSec hardware assist (AES and SHA-256)
- Integrated real-time clock
- Integrated ADC
- Currency detection core
- 23mm 498 ball BGA
- 14mm aQFN
- Max power 1.95 W
- Low-power sleep less than 100 mW
5300 Series – ARM11 up to 600 MHz
5305 Laser/LED/Inkjet printers
5310 Laser/LED/Inkjet AIOs
5500 Series - Cortex-A15 up to 1.2 GHz
Terms of Supply