- Single-chip 2-mic Bluetooth mono headset solution supporting audio prompts, multipoint and proximity pairing
- Built-in high-performance fifth generation CVC single and dual microphone echo and noise cancellation
- Low-power consumption: over 7 hours of talk time from a 120mAh battery
- Advanced Multipoint support: enables a headset (HFP) connection to 2 phones for voice
- Packet loss and bit error concealment to improve audio quality in the presence of air interference
- Very low eBOM for a DSP based 2-mic noise reduction headset.
- Green (RoHS compliant and no antimony or halogenated flame retardants)
BC6150™ is a DSP ROM solution aimed at the increasing number of mid-range Bluetooth® headsets.
BC6150™ supports both single and dual-microphone CVC™ noise reduction. BC6150 also has all the features of BC6130™ and BC6140™, making it one of the most comprehensive mono headset parts on the market.
- Supports Advanced Multipoint for dual handset connections
- Programmable Audio Prompts to provide the user with tone and/or voice feedback and CSR’s Proximity Pairing (Headset Initiated Pairing)
- The BC6150 DSP solution integrates a Bluetooth radio, baseband, DSP, high quality CODEC, SMPS and battery charger thereby minimising the bill of materials, component count and PCB footprint.
CVC brings the following benefits to the BC6150 device:
- Packet loss and bit error concealment to provide enhanced performance in harsh RF environments such as cross-body situations.
- Near end audio enhancements offset noise by automatically changing volume and audio characteristics.
- Far end audio enhancements reduce or eliminate noise and echo received by the person on the far end.
- Common TX/RX terminal simplifies external matching; eliminates external antenna switch
- No external trimming is required in production
- Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR specification compliant
- 7dBm RF transmit power with level control from on-chip 6-bit DAC over a dynamic range typically >30dB
- Class 2 and Class 3 support without the need for an external power amplifier or TX/RX switch
- Receiver sensitivity of -90dBm
- Integrated channel filters
- Digital demodulator for improved sensitivity and cochannel rejection
- Real-time digitised RSSI available on HCI interface
- Fast AGC for enhanced dynamic range
- Fully integrated synthesiser requires no external VCO varactor diode, resonator or loop filter
- Compatible with crystals between 16 and 26MHz or an external clock 12MHz to 52MHz
- Very low power Kalimba DSP coprocessor, 64MIPS, 24-bit fixed point core
- Single-cycle MAC; 24 x 24-bit multiply and 56-bit accumulator
- 32-bit instruction word, dual 24-bit data memory
- 4K x 32-bit program RAM, 8K x 24-bit + 4K x 24-bit data RAM
- 64 x 32-bit program memory cache when executing from ROM
- 16-bit resolution mono CODEC
- ADC and DAC
- Integrated amplifiers for driving 16Ω speakers; no need for external components
- Support for single-ended speaker termination and line output
- Integrated low-noise microphone bias
- Synchronous serial interface for system debugging
- I²C compatible interface to external EEPROM containing device configuration data (PS Keys)
- UART interface with data rates up to 3Mbits/s