- Classic Bluetooth
- Bluetooth High Speed v3.0
- Bluetooth low energy v4.0
- Wideband Speech ready
- Includes audio enhancements such as CVC and aptX
CSR’s next generation connectivity platform CSR8000™ improves voice quality with wireless connected devices and extends the ecosystem to include emerging Bluetooth® low energy devices.
Supporting classic Bluetooth, Bluetooth High Speed v3.0 and Bluetooth low energy v4.0 and is Wideband Speech ready. Many of the CSR8000 products feature a DSP core so customers can include audio enhancements such as CVC™ and aptX®.
Watch the latest video demos:
- CSR’s product suite offers combinations of technologies to provide customers with the most flexible way to integrate the wireless connectivity needed into designs and products.
- The CSR8000 family is comprehensively caters for every level of device, from handsets and computers to cars and consumer electronics, to take advantage of the latest features of wireless connectivity.
- CSR8000-enabled connectivity platform products are capable of communicating with both single-mode Bluetooth low energy chips, such as those found in watches, heart-rate monitors, trainers, etc, as well as the dual mode ‘classic’ Bluetooth devices that act as hubs for sensor information.
- Wideband Speech offers a dramatic improvement in call quality across wireless accessories, with improved voice CODECs and reduction of background noise and interference.
CSR8000 consists of CSR8311™, CSR8510™, CSR8810™ and CSR8811™.
CSR8311 for automotive applications
The first Wideband Speech IC qualified for the automotive market, CSR8311 is also the first Bluetooth low energy IC ready for automotive use. It uses an automotive QFN 0.5mm pitch package with availability of both USB and UART for modularity. CSR8311 integrates easily with the SiRFprimaAuto multifunction location platform, the first connected infotainment SoC solution built specifically to meet the stringent quality and reliability requirements of tier-one automotive electronics OEMs.
CSR8510 for tablets, notebooks, netbooks and PC applications
Designed for the PC, netbook and notebook markets, CSR8510 is a fully qualified Bluetooth v3.0 system that will also offer support for Bluetooth v4.0. It has a full-speed USB 2.0 interface and allows PC, netbook and notebook designers to develop products with the latest in both high-speed and low energy technology. With CSR Harmony software, CSR8510 marks the next stage in the evolution of PC wireless communications and will allow CSR’s PC customers and partners, such as Ralink and Realtek, to be first to market with new Bluetooth technologies.
CSR8810 and CSR8811 for handsets, PNDs and PMPs
CSR8810 and CSR8811 offer Bluetooth v3.0 and support for Bluetooth v4.0 with IEEE 802.11 coexistence along with Wideband Speech. They are ideal for designers looking to integrate additional functionality alongside improved call quality into mobile phones and other consumer electronics devices, such as Personal Navigation Devices (PNDs) and Portable Media Players (PMPs).