aptX® Enhanced is designed for radio broadcast applications. It delivers audio quality indistinguishable from linear at much reduced bit rates. It is regarded as the de facto standard for high quality audio delivery with over 20,000 radio stations worldwide relying on aptX audio coding technology.
Get this product
The aptX Enhanced audio codec was developed in 2000. The building blocks are similar in nature to the original 'standard aptX'; however refinements in the audio coding have had significant impact on delay, compression accuracy and dynamic range across the audio frequency range.
This audio codec contains a number of modifications to the QMF, Quantisers and Predictors, to give lower delay, higher audio resolution and a choice of bit rates (16, 20, 24 bit).
aptX Enhanced has been embraced by the broadcast industry over recent years and is the algorithm of choice for Audio Over IP Networks and 5.1 audio contribution and distribution.
Suitable for applications including:
- Broadcast Studio Transmitter Links or Studio to Studio Links
- Audio Over IP Distribution
- Cinema Surround Play-Out Systems (5.1)
- Wireless audio for video
- Wireless speakers for home theatre systems
- Multichannel wireless audio distribution
In an increasingly crowded and technologically advancing market, high quality audio continues to offer a strong competitive advantage for FM, HD Radio, DAB and Surround Sound Broadcasting. Listeners accustomed to CD-quality audio, expect their radio experience to deliver the same exceptional performance.
In the majority of broadcast applications, uncompressed linear audio transport is simply not an option. To deliver a stereo digital audio signal at 16-Bit, 44.1 kHz resolution requires 1.411kbps – almost the entire capacity of a 1.5Mb/s T1 circuit. In terms of capital investment and operational costs, this is expensive and inefficient, particularly when dealing with multiple channels of audio. Therefore, digital audio compression is essential. The aptX audio codec offers broadcasters a unique feature set delivering audio quality indistinguishable from linear at much reduced bit rates. It is regarded as the defacto standard for high quality audio delivery with over 20,000 radio stations worldwide relying on aptX audio coding technology.
- Low audio coding delay
- No dualling effects with other algorithms
- Based on Time Domain ADPCM and not psychoacoustic masking
- No issue with concatenation – suitable for up to 15 consecutive passes
- Interoperability with over 20,000 installed Radio Audio Broadcast Systems
- Compression ratio: 4:1
- Word depth: 16, 20 or 24-bit audio supported
- Data rates: 60 kbps to 576kbps(16-bit 15kHz mono to 24-bit 48kHz stereo)
- Frequency response: 10Hz to 24kHz
- Delay: <1.89ms @ Fs 48KHz
- Dynamic range: 16-bit>92dB, 20-bit>112dB, 24-bit>120dB
- THD+N: -81.1dB (0.008%) (24-bit)
- Sample frequencies: 0-48kHz
- Auxiliary data: Embedded, sample rate dependent up to 1/4 Fs kbps
- AutoSync: Can re-establish connection in 5ms
- Bit error resilience: Up to 1:10,000
Terms of Supply