- Sample rate: supports HD-Audio up to 96KHz
- Word depth: 16-bit or 24-bit
- Compression ratio: dependent on content, but average 2:1 for 16-bit audio
- Delay: scalable to 1ms@48kHz
The aptX® Lossless audio codec is developed for HD-Audio in professional and consumer applications.
Providing lossless audio compression with a scalable operation to optimize performance for latency, computational complexity and bit rate reduction, aptX Lossless meets current and future market demands for quality, instant delivery and low power operation.
- Highly scalable and dynamically adaptive coding mechanism
- High performance lossless audio compression
- Low coding delay can scale to 1ms
- Low computational complexity, run-time overhead and device power consumption
- Hybrid 'near lossless mode' for stringent bandwidth constraints
- Easily portable across multiple hardware and software platforms
The degree of compression achievable with pure lossless coding is dependent on the nature of the audio material; hence an average compression ratio of 2:1 is quoted with respect to a large test suite of different musical genres and speech in different languages. The audio codec however has a hybrid near lossless feature where the dynamic application of a mild form of lossy coding only for the short sections of audio where complete lossless coding cannot respect the bandwidth constraints required. Transition will be elegant and instant and audio quality will still be in HD.
aptX Lossless adopts fine-grained dynamic adaption of the audio coding technique for successive segments of audio and composes all necessary coding operations using automatically-selected combinations from a large palate of very efficient signal processing functions. The resulting flexibility and performance makes the aptX Lossless audio codec truly unique and highly ingenious coding.
- Wireless Audio Peripherals
- Digital Wireless Microphones/In-ear Monitoring
- Broadcast Audio Distribution