aptX® audio technology delivers CD-like quality audio over a Bluetooth® connection. It’s a key product differentiator in over 320 leading audio brands for headphones, headsets, automotive audio, speakers, mobile devices, gaming products and as part of Home Entertainment Ecosystems, where a true audiophile experience is paramount.
In order to fit within the Bluetooth ‘pipe’ and transmit wirelessly, audio needs to use a bit rate reduction technique. It replicates the entire frequency of the audio, reproducing pure sound and ensuring that users hear everything as the artist intended.
By incorporating aptX audio coding technology into the next generation of Bluetooth stereo products, developers can offer consumers audio quality indistinguishable from wired with an impressive dynamic range.
Get this product
The aptX audio codec is available for high quality stereo audio over Bluetooth. When incorporated in Bluetooth A2DP Stereo products, aptX audio coding delivers full 'wired' audio quality. With the aptX audio codec source material is transparently delivered over the Bluetooth link, whether it is stored uncompressed or in an alternative compression (MP3, AAC, FLAC) format.
- Bluetooth stereo headphones / headsets
- Bluetooth automotive audio
- Bluetooth stereo speakers
- Mobile devices
- Outstanding Bluetooth Stereo audio quality
- Audio bandwidth with CD-like performance
- Flat Frequency Response. Full audio bandwidth faithfully reproduce
- Low audio coding delay. Minimizes latency and ‘lip-sync’ issues
- Non-destructive transcoding, means there are no dualling effects with other algorithms
- Uses Time Domain ADPCM principle rather than Psychoacoustic masking
- Small code / data memory size
- Backward Compatibility: when aptX is not available target device will pair down to SBC
- Compression ratio: 4:1
- Audio Format: 16-bit, 44.1kHz (CD-Quality)
- Data Rates: 352kbps
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 22kHz
- Algorithmic Delay: <1.89ms @ Fs 48KHz
- Dynamic Range: 16-bit: >92dB
- THD+N: -68.8dB
Terms of Supply