aptX® Low Latency effectively enables consumers to watch video while listening to wireless audio in a synchronised fashion.
aptX Low Latency for Bluetooth® offers a total end-to-end latency of approximately 40 milliseconds (ms) – far less than the standard Bluetooth latency of more than 150 ms (+/-50ms), and meeting the 40 ms recommended latency for audio/video applications.
As a result, the product is ideally suited to wireless audio delivery for video and gaming applications.
Get this product
Although standard Bluetooth technology offers the ability to stream stereo audio wirelessly from mobile handsets and other audio playout devices to headphones and speakers, its bandwidth-constrained audio poses inferior sound, and the latency delay is not suitable for video or gaming applications. aptX Low Latency is designed to solve both the bandwidth and latency barriers, delivering near CD-quality sound wirelessly over Bluetooth connections for a variety of consumer electronics applications – now including video and gaming.
- Audio/Video for Gaming
- Rear Seat Entertainment
- Wireless Audio/Video
- Outstanding Bluetooth Stereo audio quality
- Audio bandwidth matching near CD performance
- Low audio coding delay. Minimizes latency and ‘lip-sync’ issues
- Non destructive transcoding, means there are no dueling effects with other algorithms
- Uses Time Domain ADPCM principle rather than Psychoacoustic masking
- Small code / data memory size
- Backward Compatibility: when aptX Low Latency is not available target device will pair down to aptX or SBC
- Compression ratio: 4:1
- Audio Format: 16-bit, 44.1kHz (CD-Quality)
- Data Rates: 352Kbit/s
- Frequency Response: 10Hz– 20kHz
- Algorithmic Delay: <1.89ms @ Fs 48KHzAlgorithmic + Bluetooth delay: 32ms
- Dynamic Range: 96dB
- THD+N: -68.8dB
Supply Terms and Conditions