The Quatro® 4300 series integrates an ARM9 CPU core up to 350 MHz and targets low-end printers, multifunction printers (MFPs) and scanners.
The Quatro line of SoCs is a family of highly integrated, programmable processors for printers, scanners and all-in-ones (AIOs). Each SoC embeds a high-performance ARM® CPU core for processing page description languages (PDLs) and a Quatro SIMD DSP core for print acceleration and copy/scan image processing.
The Quatro programmable architecture enables developers to differentiate their products. By utilizing the Quatro SoC’s programmable cores, developers can implement unique features, image processing algorithms and mechanism control.
With the Quatro family, developers can efficiently build cost-effective controllers for a wide range of products using a single firmware base. The Quatro 4300 series integrates an ARM9 CPU core (up to 350 MHz) and targets low-end applications:
- Monochrome laser/LED printers and AIOs up to 35 ppm
- Color laser/LED printers and AIOs up to 10 ppm
- Inkjet printers and AIOs
- Low-end document and photo scanners
Higher performance applications are covered by the Quatro 5500 series.
Get this product
- Family of SoCs that cover broad product range with a single firmware base
- Modular firmware platform
- Programmable architecture for implementing unique features and algorithms
- Industry’s only controller solution with optimised PDL interpreters
CSR provides OEMs with a reference design for a laser AIO. The reference design includes both a controller board and firmware. The reference controller board also serves as a development board that OEMs can use to prototype their own system code.
The programming environment for the Quatro family is based on the GNU tools, widely recognised as one of the best embedded development tool sets available. The programming environment includes tools for the Quatro DSP—C compiler, assembler, simulator, debugger, and libraries. CSR’s extensive library of optimised image processing algorithms makes developing image processing pipelines easy.
Inferno™ Firmware Platform
Inferno™ is CSR’s modular firmware platform for the Quatro family. With Inferno, a single firmware base covers the full range of Quatro SoCs. Inferno allows developers to choose either Embedded Linux or ThreadX for the underlying operating system.
Inferno is architected to provide the real-time processing capability required by high-performance printers, AIOs and scanners. The Quatro SoC’s flexiRISC microcontroller cores are used to offload the most time critical tasks in printer and scanner mechanism control.
Inferno is designed to meet the varying needs of customers who want different degrees of customization. Inferno comes with a complete basic feature set for fast time-to-market. Customers who want extensive customizations can modify the supplied firmware components and/or add new firmware components. Most of the code is provided in source form.
Optimised IPS™ PDL Printing
Inferno and CSR’s IPS™ PDL interpreters take full advantage of each other. The IPS suite is integrated with Inferno to ensure fast time-to-market and optimized for Quatro to maximize PDL printing performance.
- Integrated analog and mechanism control for low controller BOM cost
- High reuse across wide range of products for low development cost
- Reference implementation for short time to market
- Proven, widely-adopted solution
- ARM926EJ-S CPU core with MMU
- Up to 350 MHz
- 16-bit DDR2 interface
- Flash interface to serial NOR, parallel NOR and parallel NAND
- Quatro 4-datapath SIMD DSP core
- Colour conversion hardware assist
- JBIG compression/decompression cores
- JBIG hardware assist core
- Support for laser, LED, inkjet and thermal print heads
- Integrated frequency generator, synchroniser and PWM
- 8-bit flexRISC processor core for printer motor control
- Integrated 16-bit 25 MS/sec scanner AFE
- Support for CCD and CIS sensors
- Support for single- and dual-sided scanning
- 8-bit flexRISC processor core for scanner motor control
- USB 2.0 hi-speed device port
- Up to 3 USB 2.0 hi-speed host ports
- 10/100 Ethernet MAC
- LCD interface
- Memory card interface
- Serial ports, SPI, GPIO
- Integrated real-time clock
- Integrated ADC
- 27mm 352 ball BGA
- 14mm aQFN
- Max power 1.1 W
- Low-power sleep 165 mW
4300 Series – ARM9 up to 350 MHz
4305 Laser/LED/Inkjet printers
4310 Laser/LED/Inkjet AIOs
5300 Series - ARM11 up to 600 MHz
5305 Laser/LED/Inkjet printers
5310 Laser/LED/Inkjet AIOs
5500 Series - Cortex-A15 up to 1.2 GHz
Supply Terms and Conditions