SiRFstarV™ 5e can get fast location fixes for geo-tagging images or videos, asset tracking and fitness applications. Advanced low power technologies like SiRFSmartGNSS™ allows the 5e to deliver high performance while saving power.
CSR’s next generation SiRFstarV family of products feature Quad-GNSS for tracking GPS, GLONASS, COMPASS, and Galileo satellites. The SiRFstarV chips deliver highly accurate continuous location, advanced power management and high interference immunity. SiRFstarV continues to push the envelope of performance in sensitivity, TTFF, and urban canyon availability and accuracy.
Get this product
SiRFstarV 5e is a Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) engine optimised to enable highly accurate location positioning for devices including mobile phones, cameras, and health and fitness products. By supporting fully concurrent GLONASS, GPS, QZSS and SBAS from ROM, the highest accuracy and fastest time-to-first-fix (TTFF) are ensured.
SiRFstarV 5e is offered in a size optimal 0.4mm pitch Wafer Level Chip Scale Package (WLCSP) and a 0.5mm pitch Ball Grid Array (BGA) for low cost PCB applications.
- Highly Accurate GNSS operation
- Accuracy, Embedded Extended Ephemeris, for faster TTFF, direct to battery, low power.
SiRFstarV 5e offers a range of features to increase accuracy, improve time to first fix and preserve battery power to enable a better user experience. These include:
- InstantFixTM Extended Ephemeris (EE) - Devices without wireless connectivity, such as cameras, are able to overcome slow TTFF, a common annoyance for the end user. 5e is capable of autonomously forward predicting EE for three days locally, and for connected devices the solution supports server based EE for up to 31 day for GPS and up to 14 day GLONASS EE
- Direct to battery capability - The GNSS chip can connect directly to a Lithium battery supply, enabling system cost reduction and increased power efficiency. This is implemented by an integrated switched PMU, reducing system level power and eBOM costs
- Design flexibility for optimal solution cost – With clear attention to solution implementation, 5e is designed for small size and low power. For example, UART and SPI Flash drive levels are drivable from 1.8v to 3.3v, eliminating the need for level shifters and increasing implementation flexibility
- Intelligent design – The 5e is designed to be optimised for low power battery operated devices. For instance, in asset tracking applications, the 5e engine will intelligently decide how long to try to acquire satellite signal based around its environment, saving a significant amount of battery power
Supply Terms and Conditions